long time no update, i was dealing with university app deadlines. After not working on this for a while i was able to see some problems that i have tried to address. I fixed/added:
- A bump map generated from the zbrush sculpt.
- A specular map, specifically for the lips.
- some new eyebrows, eyelashes from fibermesh.
- issues with the integration of the eyes with the head.
So i think iam nearing the end of this project. Iam just going to summarize how things went and the problems/mistakes and things should do in the next project i undertake.
- i did not realise that a UV map with the head and body in one UV space was really bad! even with a 4k map the area of the head is barely over 500×500. not good. I wont do this again.
- I always fall victim to this. I never gather enough reference before starting modeling/sculpting meaning things go off and look wrong quickly.
- Scaling problems.I need to make sure things are to scale before starting. My base mesh wasnt and it proved quite the headache when doing the materials later on and a hassle because the subtools in zbrush were off.