long time no update, i was dealing with university app deadlines. After not working on this for a while i was able to see some problems that i have tried to address. I fixed/added:

  • A bump map generated from the zbrush sculpt.
  • A specular map, specifically for the lips.
  • some new eyebrows, eyelashes from fibermesh.
  • issues with the integration of the eyes with the head.

So i think iam nearing the end of this project. Iam just going to summarize how things went and the problems/mistakes and things should do in the next project i undertake.

Problems faced

  • i did not realise that a UV map with the head and body in one UV space was really bad! even with a 4k  map the area of the head is barely over 500×500. not good. I wont do this again. 
  • I always fall victim to this. I never gather enough reference before starting modeling/sculpting meaning things go off and look wrong quickly.
  • Scaling problems.I need to make sure things are to scale before starting. My base mesh wasnt and it proved quite the headache when doing the materials later on and a hassle because the subtools in zbrush were off.

update update2

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s